It’s no secret that I love reading and it’s even less of a secret that I adore Irish fiction.
I sometimes get emails asking about my favourite authors so I thought I’d put it here on the blog for everyone to see.
- Maeve Binchy * – try Quentins or Tara Road
- Joanna Trollope – try Brother and Sister, or Daughters-in-Law
- Dorothy Koomson – any of them are good. Start at the beginning or with Marshmallows for Breakfast
- Sinead Moriarty * – In my sister’s shoes was my second, and favourite.
- Liane Moriarty (these two are not related!) – What Alice Forgot is her famous book; I loved The Husband’s Secret
- Marian Keyes * – of the latest books, I loved The Mystery of Mercy Close
- Sheila O’Flanagan * – read Yours Faithfully or Someone Special
- Patricia Scanlan * – Love and Marriage, and seeing as we’re coming up to Christmas, Coming Home for Christmas
- Cathy Kelly * – I liked The Honey Queen and Best of Friends
- Emily Giffin – Heart of the matter is my favourite, and then Something Borrowed
*All Irish authors 🙂
For more favourite authors, check out my Goodreads account.
Have you read my 3 own books yet?
If not, I’d like to invite you to check them out.
On an interesting note, I can’t read crime novels any more since having kids. I tried… and realised I really don’t enjoy them anymore. Isn’t that strange? I was the biggest fan of all the famous crime novelists before (just check my Goodreads!)
So tell me two things: who are some of your favourite fiction authors? And is there any genre you used to read that you no longer do, for whatever reason?
PS If you’re on Goodreads, make friends with me and tell me you read the blog 🙂