It’s no secret that I love notebooks and paper 🙂
I’m not a scrapbooker but ever since I bought my first pad of scrapbook paper, I’ve been hooked.
The colours, the sturdiness, the ease of using it…
I decided to make some scrapbook notebooks after I saw a tutorial for something similar on a blog (in the days before pinterest) otherwise I’d link to it.
What you need:
gift tag (if gift)
- Take 4-5 sheets of scrapbook paper
- Fold them in half and tear down the middle. This is a great craft for recovering perfectionists. You will twitch at first at the thought of not cutting neatly but when you put it together and see how cute it looks and how the torn edges add to the cuteness, you’ll smile.
- Fold all the paper in half again.
- Punch along the folds (spine of the book) as far in as your punch will reach.
- Thread the twine through the holes (I’m afraid I was experimenting mostly and I still don’t have the exact method…) – keep going until your book feels secure. I don’t like flimsy so once I think it’s okay, I thread one more loop through.
- Make sure the twine is on the outside.
- Tie a lovely big bow and call it a day.
- I tie a gift tag to the twine with a “made for you by Marcia” note.
Quick, easy and very, very pretty.
What to use it for:
- A standard notebook
- A book of lists
- a year in review book (I’m keeping one this year and it’s been fabulous – I will blog at the end of December)
- Little scrapbook
(all of these for you or a friend, of course)