So this month, March, my intentional calendar says this:
What’s working for you well so far in 2017? How can you replicate this in other areas of your life?
Well, a few things immediately came to mind:
- If I schedule “fun things” like book club and podcast club, they actually happen 🙂
- I’m reading a ton and that’s because I’m consciously leaving my phone to charge in another room, and of course, I always have a book ready to go on my phone too. My environment is set up for success in this area.
- When I batch things, the doing and thinking goes very well. This works mostly for kitchen things like cooking and making lunches.
So are there places in my life I can replicate these ideas?
My focus areas for March
- Schedule all dates with Dion and the kids for the rest of this year.
- Schedule weekly planning in my diary
- Schedule quarterly dates with my university friends
- Schedule quarterly dates with the supper club
- Be very strict about no phone in the bedroom every night, not just most nights
- Computer off at 10:30 Sun – Thurs
- Write blogs on only one night every week without listening to podcasts so I fully focus
- Do photos on another night
And that’s enough for March – I’ll report back in four weeks time.